We are returning this redundant and derelict brownfield site to its former role as an economic engine for the area.
Parkside Phase One has outline planning consent for up to 1m square feet of employment space alongside new public amenity space such as woodland walks, a heritage trail, exercise infrastructure and tree planting.
Parkside Regeneration LLP is now working with partners to ensure that local people and companies benefit from the opportunities the scheme is generating. These include local colleges and St Helens Chamber of Commerce.
Visit St Helens Chamber of Commerce here.
The first phase will kick-start the regeneration of the site and bring a wide range of benefits, including:
- £80m a year of new economic activity
- 1,330 gross operational jobs
- Regeneration of a derelict colliery
- £2.2m per annum in new business rates, once fully operational
- Around £78m in construction value
- 457 construction and supply chain jobs during the site build
- 1m square feet of new employment space
- Substantial improvement to the site’s green spaces and landscape